Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 9:31 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dive planes

Good stuff Sean. Sounds logical to me.
 I think hull design, fins, rudders, dive planes, and all the rest being more hydrodynamically efficient won't add a lot of speed to our little boats. There's just not enough power there. The advantage in our case will most likely be realized by power consumption. If we can get the boat to slip through the water better, our batteries will last longer and dive time extended.
Cliff Redus's boat R300 is probably the slickest boat in that respect and I'll bet his top speed is pretty impressive for a sub. Would be fun to take a ride in that little "Ferrari".
Frank D.