Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dive planes

Hi Jay. The sketches you mentioned would be useful for anyone building dive planes or rudders. I've seen some cross section views of Kort nozzles too that were pretty interesting. They're available with a quick Google search.
As we've said, the usefulness and performance of any control surface will be intensified as the speed increases.  With our slow speeds, maybe Dean has the right idea. Make them really large.
The course of study you're engaged in sounds both interesting and intense. Old dog learning any new tricks ? Learning new things keeps your mind young. Keep at it.
Frank D.