[PSUBS-MAILIST] S103 Lula's New Tender

 I had seen the below CAD drawings of the new catamaran tender for Lula, and some build pictures last year. But this is the first I've seen of the finished cat.

I had trouble getting the below text on there web page translated, until I by chance tried Portuguese. That shows you what I know. ;}

I had read some thing about it being purchase by a French organization. That is why I got thrown of track.

The below text was translated from Portuguese to English with the Google translator.

"The catamaran "ADA Rebikoff"

Boat support Thanks to its autonomy, LULA, to operate, requires only a small support vessel. To dive operations close to shore, we use a semi-rigid 5 meters in length which has an underwater telephone and maintains communication with the submarine during a dive.

The catamaran "Ada Rebikoff" (16 m long) was completed this year. The vessel is equipped with a crane to lift the submarine. It also has a maintenance facility, cabins for 8 persons and is equipped with navigation and mapping, as a side-scan sonar and a Multi beam sonar. The catamaran will be used to make trips with the aim to collect and disseminate images and information about the deep sea. The boat show exhibition: "Dimitri Rebikoff - pioneer in underwater technology."

http://www.rebikoff.org/html/embarcacao_de_apoio.html

Glen check out the saddles on this gal. ;}

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6243/s103blula.jpg

Regards
Szybowski