[PSUBS-MAILIST] Riveting Git Kraken's Rivets

Frank,  I was talking with a subdude in Florida some time back, that has plans to build a Disney Nautilus sub.  He was talking about different ideas for real or fake rivets.  I figured one would just Sekaflex something that is the same shape as a rivet head, that was made out of plastic, resin, silicon brass, SS, or what have you.  You could cut heads of bolts, rivets or make your own with resin or Sekaflex  poured into a mold. You might even find some cheap buttons that are the right shape.

Riveting isn't it?

There's some brain storming to keep ya busy for three minutes.

Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Gel Coat Type for Depth

Good folks to have around. If they make pontoons for planes, they'd know a thing or two about strong FRP.
The PVA and basically all my FRP stuff comes from TAP Plastics, just because it's convenient.
Ya, I'm not too impressed with the mold release, or their knowledge base.
I've wanted to try making some FRP parts using that bronze powder, then I could polish them up, clear coat, and they might look like metal. My sub kind of has a Jules Verne look to it, and making some add-on FRP elements could be fun. Maybe like a big-bad looking harpoon, a mermaid or Kraken sculpted in bronze, a bunch of rivets, finned covers where the two dive lights are held.
It kinda looks like a big M&M too. Maybe I could get it in an M&M TV commercial.
Then again, one friend says it looks like a BIG MAC. The commercial applications are endless.
Frank D.