Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Antipodes/XPC15/PC-1501

It doesn't.  But then again, neither does the message I was replying to which had the subject line.

Excuse me for sticking my head out of my shell...I'll go back in now.

----- Original Message -----
From: vbra676539@aol.com
To: personal submersibles <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:33:10 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Antipodes/XPC15/PC-1501

And how does that relate to Antibodes?

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Secor <wreckdiver@frontiernet.net>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Wed, Aug 26, 2009 8:26 am

Frank,

A couple of suggestions on rudder and dive plane position…if the actuators have built in pots then that’s half the battle.  The “high tech” way would be to take the pot, set it up as a voltage divider, and use it to drive the A/D input of something like a PIC processor.  You could then write some code to either display the position digitally or graphically.  The “low tech” method would be to just use a voltmeter and display the relative voltage as position much like trim tab indicators on boats.  You could even replace the voltmeter scale with a custom scale that reads out in “degrees”.

Al