RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] coast guard green light

Dean,

  Great job of representing this club in a safe light! Your working well with this Coast Guard unit seems should go a long way in shedding a good image of PSUBS. Great Job!

                                                                                                    David Bartsch

From: Recon1st@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:54:22 -0400
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] coast guard green light
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Well after I became famous, front page news and such. The local Coast Guard gave me a call
and asked to have a chat.

Looks like I have an outstanding group here.
The XO has experience in tourist sub inspections, and seemed quite knowledgeable.
When they saw the news article they wanted to check me out. So I went on down and
sat with them so they could grill me on the construction. Thanks to this group  I had all
the right answers. They really were just making sure I was not going to go out and get
myself dead.

The result was a copy of NAVIGATION AND VESSEL INSPECTION CIRCULAR NO. 5-93
(Guidance for certification of passenger carrying submersibles) for my viewing pleasure
and a atta boy have fun and be safe.

Was a little surprised when I asked if there was a hyp chamber in the area. They did not
know.  Not many dive this cold beast.

So anyway set for this Friday to do some motoring around and maybe sink it deeper than
10ft. well not much deeper hehhehh

Dean

Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on Facebook. Find out more.