From: brenthartwig@hotmail.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] FCO1 KISS PSUB in the Works
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:15:47 -0700

Greetings Subdudes,

Look's like Paul Moorhouse is making a 2 person KISS PSUB to keep and play with. It will be interesting to see how all his experience will shape the design of this sub with no customer input.

"FC-01 is an ongoing spare time project of Paul’s that will remain based in Plymouth instead of disappearing to the far corners few weeks after launch as is usually the case.

Our first sub, S1-01 was launched 23 years ago thus kick-starting a business that has now provided several hundred man-years of employment. We decided it was time we did it again. The new sub takes it type numbers from the code name ‘Fruit Cake’ an in-joke that stuck as it signifies our form of indulgence.

As a company we pride ourselves on being ‘customer driven’ - but the thing that we like about FC is that although it has been designed with the experience of 23 years of submarine building, it is entirely without any customer input."

http://www.msubs.com/FC01.htm

Regards,

Szybowski