Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Mussels & Pirates

Hi Brent. That's a possible solution.
What ever I install, it's gotta be easy to use, and leak proof.
 Because this invasion is still fairly new in the west, it's still uncertain as to what the authorities are requiring now and what may be required later. Currently, several counties are making "blanket" restrictions so it's not possible to bring in boats to the lakes, and if you haul your boat out it can't come back in.
I was reading where some marinas are installing locks on boat/trailers or plastic ties that if cut require you to get the boat/trailer treated and certified clean before launching.
There are some areas that don't allow ANY new boats in, and like here in Santa Cruz, NO boats allowed at all!
I wouldn't be surprised to see Lake Tahoe take a radical approach like that. It's a very beautiful lake and although it doesn't have a LOT of wildlife to see, the rock formations and water clarity make it a good choice for sub diving.
With the number of psubs around the Great Lakes and the problems the mussels are causing there, it's something our members in that region will have to contend with.
Once a regulation is imposed, the local authorities hand's are tied, and they will have to enforce it.
I'm thinking the "inspection windows" might help speed up the launch process but if hard restrictions are in place, there's not much an individual can do but comply.
Frank D.