Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Mussels

Hi Glen. Ya, anti fouling was mentioned in an article.
I have a couple sketches of my ballast tanks on frappr that can be seen at the psub site under projects and my name.
Here's a direct link.....
This shows the rear ballast tank. It looks like I may need to add that plexi window on the top. Not too tough but keeping it "leak free" while simple to remove will complicate it a little.
I went with the "totally welded" design so it would have no chance of slowly bleeding off and sinking the sub if I left it in the water for an extended time. Not likely but it's good to be sure it won't leak.All the welds on the ballast tanks are "both sides" and I'll be pressure testing for leaks before I cut in the bottom holes.
I'm thinking maybe some kind of plexi window for visual inspection, and thumb screws or wing nuts if I need to open the window for spraying treatment. That will require a rubber gasket, because any kind of Sikaflex there and it won't be just routine to open it up.
I'll keep investigating this mussel thing and report back with what I find.
Frank D.