Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Mussels

Hi Jay. I was just reading that dilute chlorine works, Chuck said vinegar works if left sitting ( pickling ) in his cooling system. Copper Sulphate was mentioned too. These are fairly toxic and if a regular rinse procedure is required, where does the contaminated rinse water go ?
The state web site talks about hot water cleaning and drying with a 30 day quarantine period between boat relocations. ( that sucks )
I haven't found any definitive articles about whether it is JUST a freshwater problem yet.
I'm pretty sure I can modify the SS ballast tanks with the plexi window I mentioned without too much work. It adds another maintenance task for pre-dive/post-dive operations but that's not too bad. Outright banning of boats looks like this is where it's heading. I'll keep investigating and report back. Frank D.