Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Carbon Arc Removel of Starboard Thruster Thru Hull

How do you know all this cool stuff Frank?
Hi Brent. Most of what I used to know has leaked out.
The ballast tanks needn't be that close in volume. Approx. is good enough.
With the onboard ballast weights, trim tanks, drop weight, rudders, people, parts and pieces, it's enough to get the MBT's close.
I have a sliding weight mechanism going in the bottom under the floor because my MBT's are a lot different in size. Because I want to use an outboard motor sometimes while on the surface, the gas tank, and the two thruster/rudder assemblies, and the spare scuba tank on the rear, I needed a much larger rear ballast tank. It's calculated to carry the extra weight above water but will push the nose down if the outboard isn't there.
When submerged, the front and back structures must be pretty close in weight so the sub travels level. Soooo, a sliding weight. It's more adjustment than I can achieve with just the trim tanks.
Frank D.