[PSUBS-MAILIST] Snoopy Imposter on the Loose ;})

Greetings Alec,

I've been blasting my sub a few hours here and there when I'm finished blasting my manzanita furniture parts. Then I would coat those blasted areas with just some cheap rattle can paint to keep it rust free, for the refit process. Later it will be really easy to blast this light soft coat of paint off, before hot dip galvanizing it. I had a bunch of black paint left over from another job, so started to use that on the top area, as I worked on it.  The stern half that was flat black would heat up more then twice as fast as the gloss black bow area. I mean it was really hot.  If you want to cook in a Dutch oven submarine, that is not uninsulated, then paint it flat black.

The primer coat that Kittredge and his crew put on the tube section and conning tower of my sub, was really pretty good, and was hard to blast off.

When I had finished painting a large amount of the exterior of the sub white, and stood back and looked at it. I had to laugh, since all I would need is a orange band around the conning tower, and it would look like Alec's K-250 Snoopy.

http://cid-5085d10eb6afe47c.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Snoopy%20Imposter%20on%20the%20Loose

The real McCoy

 http://www.psubs.org/projects/1234567810/snoopyk250/

Cheers,