Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Ball Valves

Hi All
On the subject of ball vaulves if the cabin flood vaulve wich hopefully will never be used is subject to a maximim  pressure of 16bar as is the K350 at 100meters or the vbt and mbt"s at say a controled 40bar from the modified lp delivery ports on the first stage regulators of the dive cylinders why would we need ball valves of 10times the capacity and why do we need sched 80 fittings .Am i missing something as i have found in africa prices rise radicaly with the rise in pressure I bought a 2''bronze ball vaulve today with a working pressure of 30bar wich will give a  50% safety margin for about $50us compared to $2000 us quote i got on a worcester ball valve 40 to1 .I totaly believe in safety but once i bought a boat for charter from aboat builder i stil remember him smacking his fist on the hull and saying in a proud tone ''when i build a boat i build it tough to take any sea ''and he showed me the the thickness of the hull i was impressed it truly handeled many storms but it was so much heavier that the fuel cost caused it to be not  viable as a charter boat.
Any thoughts
all the best
Glen