Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Buoy release

Hi Vance I remember reading about them losing the first one during testing. Man ! what a bummer that would have been. I'm surprised it had no ribs. I read that they had to lay down in it. At 3/4 inch, I'm guessing that each tank head weighed about 1300 pounds or so. I wonder what the total displacement was. They used mercury for ballast didn't they? Must be nice to have that kind of a check book.
Isn't the sub on display in a museum in France? I'd sure like to see it. My wife is always trying to get me to go back there, so maybe it would be worth a trip. Sure would be nice to go visit Carsten and his crew and share a cold beer with them. That's not that far from France.  Frank D.