Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Recon 1 intro

Congrats Dean,

A great step forward. You should feel great! Ihope I get there soon.

Best Regards,

Jim K

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM, <Recon1st@aol.com> wrote:
Gentlemen may I introduce "RECON 1"
She has come in at LOA of 21' and dry weight of 5,530 lbs beam of 4'.

I got her set in the water this morning, without propulsion. This was hard, but no working
motor controller yet.

Anyway loading on to a low boy trailer and getting to the water went real well.
Got her in and was very happy. She actually balanced as anticipated and do not need to
change anything drastic. Freeboard had no surprises and nothing got wet.

Was not without problems though. My aft MBT is leaking. I increased the volume of the
stock K350 tank by hand laminating a foot on the bottom. A angle iron that goes between the
two halves lost some adhesion hence my leak. An easy repair but going to be difficult to get
at. O well was running out of work anyway.

The big surprise was bringing my support boat over from it's slip. Ho'd a thunk starboard engine
conks out. This thing can not maneuver around in the harbor without both engines to turn it.
So sorry Dave and others no com tests.

All in all I am a very happy submariner today. As you can see drastic alterations to a K boat
so my calculations were a concern. Nothin like seeing her float up right and level

I have pictures but am not able to load them to the frapper at this time. Will post as soon as
I can.

Dean