From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Alan James
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 4:27 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Tympanic membranes

Greg, you're just the person I need.
I have a blown dome 500mm OD & 25mm thick being made for me at the moment.
The guys read the Stachiw book.
I also own another at 10mm thick. I'm intending to cut the flanges off to
within 10mm
& mount the base inside a block of vinyl ester/fiberglass.
( build up the vinyl ester in a mold slowly around the dome base)The 10mm
flange being
to key it into the block. This block will support the weak inside curve at
the base of the dome.
I will then anneal them, clamp them to a plate & test them at depth.
The 10mm dome will be pushed near its design limit as its kind of surplus.
Vynil ester is used in the bathroom industry backing acrylic & I think has a

80/85%
adhesion strength. I will mount my hatch hinges & closing mechanisms on to
the block.
I'm intending to use it to 250ft depending on the apex thickness.
Any thoughts/ reservations on this idea.???
Frank, heres another link to of the shelf electrical connectors I found
while googling
for Gregs suggested supplyer. It has a lot of clear diagrams if you open the

PDFs
http://www.seaconbrantner.com/Products/glass_reinforced_epoxy.htm
Regards Alan