Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Escape from sub

I like the ideas presented on this subject. The use of the little UEM boat for wet training is a great idea.
When we had the escape module ( unused ) at the convention, there was a lot of discussion about the subject but new stuff has come out lately....that's very interesting.
Alan has a good grasp of what it might take to approach a training regimen. Maybe we should develop something like that. Start with the land based stuff, have an academic section where you learn book stuff like Boyle's Law, partial pressures etc., and have a guideline of study with some respectable references.
As Alan said, then moving on to some more realistic training with  free ascents ( with scuba gear ), some training time in a wet sub or cage in a pool, then move the cage to a shallow pond. This is something that could easily save lives, and possibly add credibility to the group as a whole.
Jay was on the right track with that escape module, and with some imagination and help from the experienced guys we could put something like that together.
Maybe just thinking out loud. Frank D.