Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] water level

Hi Dean. Ya, I expect we'll never be "really done" building these little subs. Your first dive should give you a good indication of what works, doesn't work, and what needs to be added. Don't forget to take lots of pictures and get a video of it if you can. We're all looking forward to hearing about the event. Good luck!
On the "snake drag", that sounds like a good idea I haven't thought of. Not using a chain but a "snake" with smooth sides to avoid getting hung up on stuff. A release mechanism shouldn't be too hard to work up, maybe something like the drop weight mechanism that has a failsafe option in case the hydraulic system doesn't do the trick.
On my sub, I'll have a hydraulic hand pump that releases the drop weight, and another "hard linkage" inside a ball valve that can be twisted to drop the weight in case the hydraulic system or drop mechanism jams.
Lots of redundant systems on this thing. Frank D.