From: Hugh Fulton <hc.fulton@gmail.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Wed, Jul 15, 2009 6:11 pm
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Co2 Scrubbing

Thanks Jon and Vance,
I have copies of all that but there is nothing on comparison of actual
performance of the Sodasorb v's Sofnalime or other suppliers and their
actual absorption and efficiencies of the scrubbers.
I have some info from the manufacturers but as the weight is important so
becomes the importance of efficiency etc. Also the fan performance drops off
when you blow through the granules and that becomes a bit complicated to
calculate.  Resistance figures of inches water drop against air speed would
be great to have.  I will try and contact the suppliers to see if those
figures are available.  I have this old Comsub and it has a 3" scroll blower
which has a fair capacity but is split into parallel lines into two separate
packs and by the time it comes out it is fairly gentle.  The packs are 8"
diameter and about 6" deep. Cant see the granules to check on colour so
might try and do a clear window in one of the packs. Chs Hugh