RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Condensation Reduction Means

Yep that sounds like a good plan to me Sean.  That makes me think of a couple of differnt configurations.  One having the air exit the sub thru a thru hull in a plate thru hull and then into the top of a SS condensing tube that is on the exterior of the sub that is mounted vertically  and has turbulator fins in the interior of it that force the air to react to the cold side walls more.  Then below that you have a T of which the tube that continues to go down will be your collection tube for water. The the return line will go back up and thru the plate thru hull and then thru your CO2 absorbent pellets.  This is much the way I've seen water condensation collected in a local auto body shop in there pneumatic system, minus the turbulator fins.  There's is just in a 3/4 inch copper plumbing line.  The trouble with that design on some dives is it will cool the air before it comes back in.

Regards,

Szybowski

Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:46:52 -0600
From: cast55@telus.net
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Condensation Reduction Means

Take care to design some manner of condensing surface - either your bilge, or a purpose-built dehumidifier, or hull plating or other structure where moisture can be appropriately removed.  If you do not, the humidity within the cabin can rise to 100% and begin to condense anywhere - including on any wiring or electronics you may have, or in small crevices in parts which can lead to corrosion.  Better to have a surface(s) which are intentionally cool and allow you to keep the humidity to desirable levels.   ABS standard is 30% - 70%.

-Sean