RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] passive hydrophone array pictures!

Jon,

   If you recall, 177 ping pong balls were used in the first six hydrophone array to aid in sound isolation. These prevented sound from traveling thru the array to hydrophones on the opposing side.
   It is unknown until I perform in-water testing as to how well simple plastic cups will channel and reflect sound underwater.

                                                                                                        David Bartsch