Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Minn Kota's

Don't know about the boat but I think not. Jon said I was 3rd in line. Still waiting on word. The ceramic seals are necessary for hard can motors. You won't need them with the oil compensation. Me, neither, as I'm doing the same thing to mine. Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Mon, Jul 6, 2009 1:43 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Minn Kota's

Hi Vance. Spring loaded pump seals? Are they an improvement on the stock seals? I'll be looking at modifying the Minnkotas this winter when it's cold and rainy. I'm thinking with the oil compensation it may not be necessary to replace the seals, but always looking for a "better way."
Did you get the pontoon boat? That was a sweet deal for the right person. I will probably get or build a pontoon support boat after I get all the bugs worked out of my sub. Just seems to make sense with the huge deck space and stability a pontoon boat provides. Room for equipment, BBQ, and wet bar. Maybe even a toilet. Don't get no better than that! Frank D.