RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Over Pressure Valve Options

U tube as a barometer.  How much volume did you have in the plugged end?  I would think that the sensitivity of the U-tube would need as large a volume as possible and then it would be subject to temperature change as well.

Frank, How much change did you get in the one you used?  Hugh

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: 26 June 2009 04:21
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Over Pressure Valve Options

A simple barometer that I've used for years in my work as an AC balancer will work on a sub. Basically just a clear tube with colored oil, bent in a "U" shape. One end is plugged, the other open to the sub's interior. This measures "inches of water column" and is plenty accurate for our purposes. VERY simple, VERY cheap, and almost fool proof. Frank D.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4189 (20090625) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4190 (20090626) __________

http://www.eset.com