Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Snoopy project page

Well, I think you're being a little modest here. Not only is the content of the video well selected, but it is very well produced with excellent transitions between scenes and great background music as well. Alec does an excellent job explaining various parts of the sub and what their function is. As Alec said, the pretext is that he's got a friend who has never been in a submarine and he is explaining how it works to his friend. Later, Wally takes it for a dive.

The shot of Alec surfacing has nice sound effects included with it which makes it entertaining to watch, and the section where he hits the cable is educational from the perspective of a real situation where an obstruction is encountered. Take it one step further and imagine the cable got entangled in Snoopy's claw, and you can do some mind exercises related to "Ok. Now what would I do in this situation".

If we had the means and volunteers, it would be great to produce some video targeted at various topics. I have seven copies of the DVD that I can send out to interested parties if you want to pay for packaging and shipping. Probably about $5 if I send it USPS Priority mail within the US. Alec gave us permission to copy the DVD so I can produce more if necessary. It also includes footage from the 2006 convention.

Jon

Smyth, Alec wrote:
I'm a crappy actor, but there are two scenes I'm really happy with.