RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hot Dip Galvanizing a Steel Sub Hull

I don't know how well it would adhere to nickel or chrome plating, but what about using a UV resistant automotive clear coat?

Szybowski

  " Inspiration may be a form of superconsciousness, or perhaps of subconsciousness - I wouldn't know. But I am sure it is the antithesis of self- consciousness."  ~ Aaron Copland

From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 11:38:07 -0400
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hot Dip Galvanizing a Steel Sub Hull
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

How ya been Brian? Ya, nickel plating would look good, almost like chrome! Might look into that.
I think nickel plating would still need a protective coating for salt water operations.
Anybody know of a good clear coat for salt water?
How's your sub doing? Got any new pictures? Let me know the hext time you're up here, lunch is on me. Frank D.