Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Vacum test

A predive vacum test is not very usefull to check the boat design or construction mistakes.

If you like to do this you need a pressure chamber were the boat fits in
and pressure it to 1,25 of the max operation depths.

A light vaccum test (under pressure test) its usefull to remember you that you have forgotten a vale, an o-ring
or an open plug were you last week in the shop remove an old antenna cable or so.
Or here in the North Sea that a vales was freeze broken over night.
Or for a very expierence old submariner that he has forgotten that the hatch is still open..
Is just part of the predive procedure like check o2 storage or battery status.

It cost nothing, is no work and need only 1-2 minutes time. You will realize big holes in seconds and small once in minutes.
Important ist that the barometer stands like a rock for 1-2 minutes.

Peppers has an internal volume of 400 Liters and my lungs has about 4 Liter = 1%
To reduce the internal pressure from 1000 Milibar to 950 Milibar =5% needs 5 time breathing.

On a K-Boat maybe a little more.

vbr Carsten