Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Vacum test

A vacuum test sounds like a way to check for a pin hole leak, but seems like a lot of work. A pin hole at 250 feet will squirt some water maybe, or more likely drip some, but if you welded the fittings, hull, tower, etc. your self you should know if it's screwed up. I'm not sure a shop vac test for leaks is all that useful.
Deep water testing un-manned via cable and/or remote control is still going to be required, and it's quite possible a pin hole leaking at depth wouldn't leak at 2 feet or with a shop vac. Nice little exercise though if you've got time on your hands.
Brent: are you hot dipping the entire hull ? I love that idea, but it sounds expensive. Got any more info on this? Frank D.