Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Submersible Cost and Time to Build

Hi Frank,

At the moment i need to move the hull to water. I am 150m from waterline and it looks like the shipyard will not give me any support with heavy machinery. They are changing management (the management that promised me assistance with heavy shipyard hydraulics is gone)... so it looks like i am allone in  that  task.

I have to figure out a method that fits into the budget and make it happen - this is a kind of "megamover" project  - 200ton is a bit weight to move...it may take some time.

Then comes the coastguard part - propeller adaption, nav lights, ballast, sea trials, changes, sail and superstructure, - raw building finish is not yet trip ready.

In the same way as the shipyard can interfer in the movement (and make it a lot longer task than it could be) coast guard can interfer with the sea trials and hand over turn, and complicate the task or consume time. I can only give time estimates for processes i can control (like raw building) i estimated 12 months raw building time - i did it. I estimated 331euro/ton building cost - i did it.

Going by sub to california is a "adventure in progress" where life interfers. The recent  "interdiction law" changes may obligate me to get a functional vessel permit with flag and all the toys instead a "raw hull shipment permit" - panama canal might allow - or not - the pass with, or without problems...

In general i am very optimistic that nothing can stop me - but some things can slow me down ... i already built it - so as you say in colombia - after killing the tiger i will not get afraid by the stripes...

Cheers,
Wil
concretesubmarine.com