Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Buoyancy control

Hi Alan,

maybe because you can not open the hatches on the
surface and needs allways a support boat with Crane ?

http://www.technovelgy.com/graphics/content09/deep-flight-super-falcon.jpg

The speed underwater if you run a psub navigating by your eyes is almost near to zero.
Say 0-2 knots. To keep the boat underwater with this low speed
required real big wings or very low positive bouancy - means low freeboard.
Deep-flight is a good sample for this. And she is design to run fast in very deep water.

MBT and HBT are not so complicate to build. And stay at zero bouancy is very helpful.
Fact is that most psubers dive and the first work underwater is to bring the bouancy to exact zero.

The load on a sub change after each meal, beer, other passenger..

vbr Carsten