Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] oxygen use

Jon. Very good power point slides on the scrubber. Required reading for all the guys. Good references at the end also. At $140 for the chemicals, that's a real bargain in a life threatening situation.
I think it won't be too difficult to make a sealed box to store the chemicals in, so it's available for an extended stay on the bottom. With the extend-air type of canister where a pilot simply changes a cartridge, a normal 2 hour dive ( without emergencies)  looks convenient and will add a measure of  safety and ease of mind. I hope to do more research on this as the dive day approaches. Thanks for the great info. Frank D.