Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] pictures outer shell

Jon the fittings are black iron. I used sch 80 seemless tubing thru hull. Then solid conductor potted
in those. The outer is soldered on wire to my junction pod. The soft copper tubing is just an added
measure trying to keep the wiring dry. I will inspect the junction box and watch for any leaks. Hopefully my
thru hulls will never see wet hhehhe

Dean

Hi Dean,

Looking good.  Regarding your electrical thru-hulls, are you merely
encapsulating the wire inside soft copper tubing and feeding it through
the various fittings?  Looks like you are using flare-to-pipe brass
fittings between the tubing and iron coupling.  Are the couplings
galvanized, or just black (hard to tell from the photo).

Jon