RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Minkota thrusters filled with foam

How strange. I've opened up 3 sizes of Minnkota so far and have never found anything like that. The nose cones were all hollow. I put the holes in the main cylinder. You do need to take it all apart because there are magnets glued into that cylinder, and you want to avoid hitting a magnet when you drill.

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Recon1st@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2009 11:57
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Minkota thrusters filled with foam

I was quite surprised drilling and taping a hole in my little horizontal thruster.
I was going to use the flex tube and WD-40 on it.

The front end cone is filled with some sort of structural foam.
Needless to say this won't work to good.

It is a 36lb thrust Minkota, has anyone come across this?

Dean