RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] welding sheet metal

Hey Dean.

Youve got a few replies to this already, but here's my snippet of advice (my pennies worth! - sorry "cents" worth for you)

Have you thought of doing it the old fashioned way with oxy\acet by hand.  It takes a while but its easy and you've got full controll of whats going on.  I'd probably do it like that as its so thin.

if you going to mig weld, practice practice practice on scrap pieces of the same thickness first.  That way when you do weld your tanks, you can go at it with confidence.

No offence but i dont think braze welding afterwards is a very good idea.  You shouldnt need it.

I've got some really good notes that explain porous welds, shielding gas choice, technique etc.  Contact me off list if you'd like a copy.

Regards
James