RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Aluminum Tow Tab Removel

Frank, I won't be replacing these tabs in that configuration.  I have an idea for some mostly hidden small steel weldments just on the inside leading edge of the skids and the front bar that is attached to the front of the skids.  That way you just clip on either side of the front bar and what ever you clip on won't slide around.  I don't know if I'll ever use it, but it's nice to have to option.  I know I'll be adding a attachment point at the aft part of the aft MBT, much like what is done on the bow.

Szybowski

From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:17:51 -0500
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Aluminum Tow Tab Removel
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Aluminum is a funny material to use for tow tabs. Not very strong and prone to corrosion. Better to use a big thick piece of steel with a hole in it, welded on. If it rusts, it's OK because it's plenty thick and can be ground off and repainted yearly. I'll be using 5/8 thick plate for lifting lugs, and expect them to last longer than me. Frank D.