RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Frank's new nose cone

Well Frank, I think that you have certainly introduced a new standard in P-subs.  With a nose like that I expect to see a couple of Buffalo horns and a saddle somewhere.  That is a pretty sexy look, not to mention that I wouldn’t want to be a shark or other sea beast on the receiving end.  Only way I could compete is with a nice female figurehead.  Congratulations on the whole design.  I enjoy reading your bits and pieces and can see a lot of practical thought gone into everything.  Good point on having off the shelf designs.  Afraid I am tending to go for special made items too much methinks.

Regarding bumping in to things,  How often in practice do subs bump into things?  If you have an acrylic dome in front you are not in good shape.  Talking to one guy with experience he says that it is a submariners fear and for that reason travel at speeds within stopping distance ability.  As I have never driven one what is the feedback?  Hugh

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: 16 January 2009 12:39
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Frank's new nose cone

Hi guys. I've been working on this for a couple days now. It's almost ready. Just needs a little polishing and then will get plated either in chrome or maybe brass. As I've said before, I expect to crash into stuff at some point, so I needed a front bumper. Get the point? Frank D.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3769 (20090115) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3774 (20090117) __________

http://www.eset.com