RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] MBT valve

Jay,   I have an idea for a single bolt type bracket that can screw into the top of the plunger/piston on bother are models and keep the plunger/piston tightly sealed for subs left docked or on the hook for longer periods, as a back up.  My subs configuration is a bit different then many, since I have back up floation that would likely keep the sub afloat if one or both mushroom vents fail. Also if I didn't have those floats, and one or both MBT's completely failed, if the VBT is empty, there is no pilot adding weight, and the hatch was closed and externally lockable as mine will be, then the sub  should still be afloat if I understand things correctly.

Szybowski

From: bottomgun@mindspring.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] MBT valve
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:54:17 -0500

Brent,

I agree with Brian.  While you may have a stiff unit to begin with, you can’t guarantee that over the lifetime of the valve.

Another issue to think about.  If you plan on leaving your sub on the hook for any length of time, you are going to want some type of bolt on MBT tank cover.  This is to prevent leakage or an inadvertent opening of the valve resulting in your sub sinking.

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

As scarce as the truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand.

    -Josh Billings