Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Frank's new nose cone

Thanks to all for the comments on my new nose cone. Yes, It's a little Buck Rogers, a little Jules Verne, and could be an "OUCH" if I ran into you. I always wanted my sub to have that "20,000 Leagues" feel. As I said.......not everything in/on the ocean is friendly, so I needed a little defense.  The name of my sub is "Kracken" and I plan on chasing "the big one" here in Monterey Bay.
The plumbing is mostly going to be stainless and polished brass, and yes, wood paneling and leather seats.
As with most things, form follows function, so the general shape, dimensions, and functions were dictated by where I want to go, and what I want to do.
     My dream dive will be in the Sea of Cortez off Baja. I hear they have some really big squid down there. I'd love to go down with the hammerheads when they do their yearly gathering at 300 feet. I want to get some good video footage of the creatures that live there and have my daughters ( teachers) use it in their classrooms to inspire the young ones. There's still so much to learn from that part of our world that until now, has been off limits to us. Damn, it's a good time to be alive! Frank D.