Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Wire Size

Hi Jim. Congratulations! That's a big step. You must be getting close if you're contemplating wire size. I can't wait to go for a ride.
    I've spent the last couple of days building a nose piece. It looks like a big "spike" or maybe a "harpoon"
Now I need to polish it a little more and then get it chrome plated (or maybe brass). I have one more "wing" dive plane to make and then start building the inside stuff. Battery racks, seat mounts, plumbing, etc.
I haven't started the ballast tanks yet but have the patterns made for the major pieces. That will be a big milestone. I'll try to get a picture of the "harpoon" up to show you.
Greg doesn't make windows anymore, so that's a problem. I'm looking for a company locally that understands acrylic annealing. No luck so far, but Greg did give me a good source for the 3 inch plexi. The three pieces will be about $1K plus shipping, then machining and annealing. I'm guessing it'll be $2500 for them. Maybe I better go get a job!
Keep up the good work and hope to see you this summer. Frank D.