From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of James
Frankland
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 07:14
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Battery Pods Blunder.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my pods post.

Phil, its really interesting to hear how you make all your fittings.
Sounds like using stainless rings is the way to go for me as well and
not bother with the cladding which is proving awkward.

So ive got 2 options i think.  One is to weld on short stainless rings
the same OD and thickness of the tubes (or slightly thicker) and then
machine as per the plans, or just make up stainless bolt together
flanges like a normal hatch.  I like that idea, sounds really easy!
Either way the cladding is coming off.

Alec, i dont suppose you have any pictures of your cladding and
stainless seats?  Also, the rods im using for stainless welding are
lincoln Arosta 309Mo.  Classification is (AWS) E309LMo-16 or (EN) E 23
12 2 L R 32.

John Farrington seemed to make a real good job of the cladding on his
site.  He made it look really easy, which its not.

Also, just reading another post. Jim K, how did you pressure test your
tanks?  I'd like to do the same to my variable which is complete.  I
assume you filled it with water and attached it to your air tools
pressure tank somehow?  i was thinking of using a diving cylinder, but
i'd need to rig up some sort of pressure regulator as i dont really
fancy just cracking the thing to 220psi all in one go....

Thanks all.

James