Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Mushroom Vent CAD Assembly Options

Amazing animation , makes it very clear as to how it works , thanks.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 2:35 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Mushroom Vent CAD Assembly Options

Greetings SMMOMs,

I've been working on a number of different ways to configure my version of a Mushroom vent for the front and rear MBT's on my K-250. This is the one I like the best so far.

http://cid-5085d10eb6afe47c.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Plunger%20Assembly

 http://cid-5085d10eb6afe47c.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Mushroom%20Vent%20Concept%20Main%20Assembly

It's mostly made up of 1/4" X 1" 316 SS bar stock, and 1" thick black UHMW. So the goal is for it to be easy and affordable to make and assemble. I made a mock up of the single line, spring loaded pneumatic cylinder Vance was talking about, which I would like to use in this assembly.  I will need to trim away some material on the plunger land, and the piece cut out when I made the whole in the FRP MBT, that meets the bottom of the FRP MBT, and then attach them with Seka flex and SS screws.  This way I can have a clean look on the top area of the MBT's, and the angle I have to mount the vent on aids in letting almost all the air out. The very small air pockets left I'm thinking will not be an issue. I thought mounting the vent this way would be better for my application, since the knuckle curvature of the heads and the high point of the MBT's are in the same area.

I'm interested in your guys thoughts on this concept design. I've uploaded three screen capture clips of the assembly animated on Youtube.  The quality is not that great on Youtube, so if anyone would like better quality versions of these clips, let me know off list and I'll send them to you.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvIc3qRRgv8&feature=channel_page

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6D0iMgqgzk&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdBap4iVoGQ&feature=channel

Regards,