Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Soft ballast venting valve

Hi Dean. Good to hear from you again. Ya, it's the speed (or lack of) that the bigger valves addresses. If the typical dive is fairly deep and you only need to go down and up once or twice it's probably not an issue. But if you want to go up and down a lot like cruising shallow waters it may make it easier/faster to have large valves. I should be able to blow my tanks dry 4 times at the surface without using the reserve tanks. If I need to blow while still deep, maybe only once. Going to try to avoid that, but if you did have to blow air in while deep, and then you started to "shoot" to the surface, a bigger valve might come in handy to dump some expanding air and slow your ascent. Frank D.