From: bottomgun@mindspring.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Solar-powered passenger sub
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 18:08:31 -0500

A few weeks back there was a news release concerning a Swiss proposal for a solar-powered submarine.  Found another short piece today with a link to a translation of the feasibility study, see http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/2418/83/.  The report in PDF format while brief in depth, points out that it will take a CHF 10M (Swiss Francs, $9.4M in US funds) to make the project happen.  This is probably a very optimistic number.  Thought some of you that are contemplating solar-powered PSUBS might find this interesting.

Hope all the members of PSUBS have a happy and prosperous coming new year.

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

As scarce as the truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand.

    -Josh Billings