[PSUBS-MAILIST] DSV-4 (ex-Sea Cliff) Might be in Museum Soon

When I was recently visiting the Naval Undersea Museum in Keyport, Washington, I mentioned that a guy that lives near me by the name of Joe Hurst had worked on the Subhuman II human powered sub they have on display, and that he worked on the composite elements of many other submarines, such as the Sea Cliff, and Turtle DSV subs. The lady I was speaking to said that was very interesting, since she was trying to get the Sea Cliff there and restore it so they could add it to the museum. She said it was outside in a Navy yard back east wasting away.

Here are some pictures of some of the projects Joe has worked on over the years for the navy. My scanner was down for the count when he came to visit me, so I had to take pictures of his pictures. He had a really neat picture of the syntactic foam blocks being put into the Sea Cliff, but didn't turn out well, so I'll go get it the next time I go visit with him. He is going to help me with some composite work I plan to do on my sub, so he was a really great find. There is also a picture of Joe working on a composite part for the periscope of full size nuclear subs.

http://cid-5085d10eb6afe47c.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Joes%20Projects

These are the pictures of the Subhuman II that is at the museum.

http://cid-5085d10eb6afe47c.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Subhuman%20II%20Human%20Powered%20Sub

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSV_Sea_Cliff

Regards,

Szybowski