RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] K-250 #118 Found

Vance,

Does your Kittredge built K-350 have welded on numbers like mine in the bow? Do you have any scanned pictures available yet?

Brent

From: brenthartwig@hotmail.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] K-250 #118 Found
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 20:58:03 -0700

Greetings SMMO's

I found K-250 #118.

Can you imagine my surprise when I found it in front of my garage?  I removed the front MBT and the nose lead weight today, and under the lead nose weight was a plate of steel with some weld beads on it. At first I couldn't figure out why they would weld on that plate. With all the loose paint, rust, cob webs, and being in to close I didn't see the numbers 118 welded into the plate, until hours later when I was looking for some thing else.

So if the data Dan received from the Captain is correct then my sub #118, was built and/or finished in 1982. That also means the Bill of Sale I have from Dr. LeSchack was numbered incorrectly. Perhaps he also owned #105 at one time and sold it as #118. I'll have to ask him in any case.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=4001713&pid=10213659

I guess the path of discovery was not at an end.  Sorry Dan to make ya work so hard, but it looks like your going to need to update your list yet again. I'll make it up to you some how.

Cheers,
Brent Hartwig