Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Not the Brook's K-250
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 09:17:09 -0400
From: Alec.Smyth@compuware.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Mine had a rudder originally, as per the captain's original design. However, the rudder was just not useful because the boat is too slow for it to have any noticeable effect, even on both thrusters. Much less would it let you go straight on one thruster, so you are correct -- you can only go in circles if you lose a side thruster for any reason. I highly recommend replacing the rudder with a live rudder (third thruster).

Alec