Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Long Range Travel

Hi Jim. It could be an option once the sub is operational. I've had the idea of a separate section for quite a while, but haven't yet done any serious study on it. You know how that goes.....lots of ideas.....not much money !
A simple off-the-lot pontoon boat would be a half way measure, and accomplish many of the same tasks. I keep thinking how a tethered sub would have almost unlimited power available from the surface. It would be a pretty simple task to build a pontoon boat, and it would allow deck space for lots of equipment. Not to mention a big cooler full of beer. Frank D.