RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Frank's new pic

Nice job, Frank!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 5:30 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Frank's new pic

Hi guys. Well, it's been a long time coming, but the rear fairing plug mold is finally ready for fiberglass. I had a lot of damage to repair when I took it off the hull. Guess I was a little too liberal with the foam glue.
    Still working on the front piece, but it's much easier. Here's a couple of pictures of the mold. Next step is a coat of mold release, then the several layers of glass, and a shiny paint job. In the mean time, I'm still welding on the windows, and searching Ebay for scuba tanks. I want two 100 cu. ft. tanks for the main air inside the sub, and a 140 cu. ft. reserve for the outside which will be located under this rear fairing. Steel tanks are pretty expensive so will probably end up with 2  aluminum 80's and a steel 140 in the back. My guess is I'm not going to get wet in August, so I'll keep you posted on the new date as further progress is made. Frank D.