Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Newbie

Hi Don. It's not a bother, but as I said before, many of your early questions will be answered with a little reading, and check out the archives too. The ABS guidelines are a good starting point, and if followed, will give you a pretty good expectation of success. It would be a shame to spend a lot of time and money on something and learn later that you can only go 10 feet deep. I tend to over-build and because you need the extra weight anyway, go thicker/stronger than you think you need.
Remember, when you order a steel dome, it gets thinner in the middle. My 3/8 tubs are only 5/16 or so in the middle. It's OK because for the top tub, I cut the hatch into the thinnest part, so now it's gone, and the bottom floor grid will be way more stiffener than I need, but if you go with the K boat design, that's why the domes are thicker than the tube.
   Enjoy the home-work part. For me, it was more fun dreaming up new shapes and solutions than some of the repetitive tasks ( like grinding ) that the build requires. Frank D.