Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 1:55 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Funny Story

Yet another good reason to build a saucer shaped sub. ;)'

   "Obstacles cannot crush me.
 Every obstacle yields to stern resolve.
He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind."

                                         ~ Leonardo da Vinci

Cheers,
Brent

From: kocpnt@tds.net
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Funny Story
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 12:38:44 -0500

I would imagine all who have built a sub have some funny stories of the process.

Yesterday as I was putting the finishing touches on the hatch cover hinge/spring assembly I had a bit of an incident. My sub is sitting on a set of heavy rollers to assist rotating the hull to weld most things in position. With the conning tower and hatch on top I moved around the tower and it started to roll. I went to the other side to try to stop it, but was to late. To keep form hitting the floor, I needed to turn around and run the other way much as a lumberjack in a log rolling contest. I only wish I had video for America's funniest!

I hope you all enjoy,

Best Regards,

Jim K

Checked by AVG.