RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Drop Weight Mechanism

Frank,

Nice sketches, you do a great job documenting what you are planning.

You are making this more complicated than necessary.  The socket plate style connection has been prone to jams in previous release applications underwater.  You would be better off to just use a threaded nut on the tray and use a ratchet wrench from inside the hull to initiate release or an arm (similar to the K-boats) that swings greater than 90 degrees for the release.

You don’t want this to inadvertently release with a hydraulic failure as you could be in a position to come up under another ship which would ruin your whole day.  Besides this hydraulic connection would necessitate another through hull.

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
- Mario Andretti

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
- Henry Ford